Mother's Day Out
Shaping hearts to be like His
At Fortis your child will be entering a safe environment where they will learn to love God, His creations, and develop the academic skills that will prepare them for kindergarten. Our MDO program is designed for children ages 3 to 5 and we offer separate classes for 3 and 4+ year olds.
MDO Meets at school: Option 1 (Monday & Wednesday**Currently full) OR Option 2 (Tuesday & Thursday**Enrolling Now)
Yearly Cost: $2300 (tuition can be broken down into monthly payments over the year.
Philosophy of our Mother’s Day Out Class:
- Focuses on developing a sense of wonder about God’s world and for learning.
- Teaches children to love what is good, true, and beautiful.
- Inspires children to love God.
- Read-aloud and interaction with lots of books
- Exposure to great classical literature
- Develop pre-reading skills through the teaching of basic phonics
- Explore God’s creation and develop an appreciation of nature
- Develop number sense through experiences with math manipulatives
- Memorizing scripture and beautiful poetry
- Safe environment (Students and parents should all feel safe and loved!)
- Children should love learning!
- Hands on activities
- “Is it cute or does it count?” Projects will have developmental purpose.
- Develop fine motor and gross motor skills
- Regard others as equals (Treat classmates with kindness)
- Respect God’s authorities (Follow school rules/procedures))
- Reverence for God and His Word (Participate in prayer; Listen attentively to Bible stories)
The goals of our MDO program include the following:
- Building self-control and attention spans
- Developing fine motor and gross motor skills
- Encouraging a love of learning (and reading)
- Social skill building through the introduction of Biblical character traits
- Building respect for God’s Word and His authorities
- Developing book/text sense
- Phonetic awareness through the introduction of phonograms
- Develop proper pencil grip and beginning handwriting skills
- Begin pre-reading skills and introduction to short vowel words
- Develop a good understanding of number sense
Helpful MDO links:
8:40-9:00 Drop off & Morning Activity
9:00-9:30 Circle Time (Bulletin board, Songs, Story)
9:30-10:00 Potty/AM Snack & Bible Story
10:30-11:30 Whole Group (Letters, Numbers, Colors, Shapes)
12:15-1:00 Rest Time
1:00-1:45 Potty/Outdoor Free Play
1:45-2:00 Potty/PM Snack
2:45-3:00 Pack up & Dismissal
1 4-Pack of Playdough
1 Set of Crayola Brand Art Paint
1 Package of Crayola Brand Washable Markers
1 Bottle of Hand Soap- Minimum 8 oz. preferably with hand pump
1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer – Minimum 8 oz. preferably with hand pump
1 Package of Flushable Wipes
2 ELMERS glue sticks
1 Box of 24 count Crayola crayons
1 Foldable Kindermat or preschool size pallet for rest time
1 Pair of 5 inch blunt scissors
1 large pencil pouch or box
1-4 pack black fine tip dry erase markers
1- Paper Towel
**Backpacks are needed each day along with a set of extra clothing, a packed lunch, two snacks, and a water bottle.