Mother's Day Out
Shaping hearts to be like His
At Fortis your child will be entering a safe environment where they will learn to love God, His creations, and develop the academic skills that will prepare them for kindergarten. Our MDO program is designed for children ages 3 to 4 and we offer separate classes for 3 and 4 year olds.
Yearly Cost: $2375 (tuition can be broken down into monthly payments over the year).
We are tracking close to capacity for the upcoming school year so please inquire from the admissions page to see about availability.
Philosophy of our Mother’s Day Out Class:
- Focuses on developing a sense of wonder about God’s world and for learning.
- Teaches children to love what is good, true, and beautiful.
- Inspires children to love God.
- Read-aloud and interaction with lots of books
- Exposure to great classical literature
- Develop pre-reading skills through the teaching of basic phonics
- Explore God’s creation and develop an appreciation of nature
- Develop number sense through experiences with math manipulatives
- Memorizing scripture and beautiful poetry
- Safe environment (Students and parents should all feel safe and loved!)
- Children should love learning!
- Hands on activities
- “Is it cute or does it count?” Projects will have developmental purpose.
- Develop fine motor and gross motor skills
- Regard others as equals (Treat classmates with kindness)
- Respect God’s authorities (Follow school rules/procedures))
- Reverence for God and His Word (Participate in prayer; Listen attentively to Bible stories)
The goals of our MDO program include the following:
- Building self-control and attention spans
- Developing fine motor and gross motor skills
- Encouraging a love of learning (and reading)
- Social skill building through the introduction of Biblical character traits
- Building respect for God’s Word and His authorities
- Developing book/text sense
- Phonetic awareness through the introduction of phonograms
- Develop proper pencil grip and beginning handwriting skills
- Begin pre-reading skills and introduction to short vowel words
- Develop a good understanding of number sense
8:40-9:00 Drop off & Morning Activity
9:00-9:30 Circle Time (Bulletin board, Songs, Story)
9:30-10:00 Potty/AM Snack & Bible Story
10:30-11:30 Whole Group (Letters, Numbers, Colors, Shapes)
12:15-1:00 Rest Time
1:00-1:45 Potty/Outdoor Free Play
1:45-2:00 Potty/PM Snack
2:45-3:00 Pack up & Dismissal
1 4-Pack of Playdough
1 Set of Crayola Brand Art Paint
1 Package of Crayola Brand Washable Markers
1 Bottle of Hand Soap- Minimum 8 oz. preferably with hand pump
1 Bottle of Hand Sanitizer – Minimum 8 oz. preferably with hand pump
1 Package of Flushable Wipes
2 ELMERS glue sticks
1 Box of 24 count Crayola crayons
1 Foldable Kindermat or preschool size pallet for rest time
1 Pair of 5 inch blunt scissors
1 large pencil pouch or box
1-4 pack black fine tip dry erase markers
1- Paper Towel
**Backpacks are needed each day along with a set of extra clothing, a packed lunch, two snacks, and a water bottle**